Ingredients - Cake
- 2 Oranges
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Caster Sugar
- 3 Cups Almond Meal
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flakes
Ingredients - Orange Syrup
- 1 Oranges
- 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water (Use water the water from boiling orange)
Directions - Cake
- Wash and clean 2 oranges and put into pot of cold water bring to a boil and let simmer for 20-30 min (enough so you can easily cut into orange with tip of Knife)
- Take pot of heat and let sit for 5 min (remove 1/2 cup of the water to use in syrup)
- Remove oranges form pot cool for 5 min
- Cut up oranges and process in a food processor until smooth and set aside
- In cake mixer add 4 eggs and 1 1/2 cups of caster sugar and mix until think and pale orange color, Add orange puree, 3 cups almond meal, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom powered (if you don’t have leave out).
- Mix together gently with spoon by hand and place into cake tin.
- Cook for about 50-60 min or until a inserted skewer comes out clean
Directions - Syrup
- In a small bowl Zest half and orange
- Peal the other half of orange and finely slice and set aside
- In a small pot add juice form 1 orange and 1/2 cup caster sugar and half cup of orange water
- Stir for 5-10 min until mixture reduces and becomes syrup, add in orange zest and finely slices orange peal, stir for 1 min and then set pot aside to cool.
Directions - Serve
- Once cake is cooled remove form tin and add to serving plate
- Pour orange syrup over cake and serve if you want a little more texture on cake also add slices almonds over cake after syrup for a little crunch.
- Enjoy Yum Me……