- 1 packet of chocolate ripple biscuits (250G)
- 120g unsalted butter
- Use food processor to ground down biscuits
- Melt down butter in pot
- Add butter to biscuits and mix again
- Press evenly into tray and put into fridge for 30-60 min (until base is firm)
- 1 1/2 Cups (300g) caster sugar
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup Thicken Cream
- 70 g Unsalted butter
- Teaspoon salt
- Put 1 and 1/2 cups of caster sugar and 1/2 cup cold water in heavy base pot.
- Stir until sugar melts.
- Bring to a boil and only swirl the pot (do not stir; 8-10 min medium-high heat).
- Once sugar starts to turn into golden brown take off heat.
- Whisk in 70g butter, then whisk in 1/2 cup of thickened cream.
- Put pot back on heat and stir for an additional 1-2 min until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool (2-3 min).
- Remove base from fridge and pour onto caramel the base.
- Sprinkle sugar on top and put back into fridge until it becomes firm.
Filling Dark Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 375g dark chocolate buttons.
- 180ml thickened cream.
- pinch salt.
Filling Dark Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Put chocolate into a bowl.
- Heat up cream in pot bring it to a simmer do not boil.
- Pour cream into bowl and let stand for 2 min.
- Use bar mix and mix it all together until gloss add pinch salt at end and stir though.
- Pour ganache onto the caramel layer and let sit for 5 min; then put it back in fridge until you serve.